Friday, May 4, 2007

I love mornings!

I like to wake up really early and get a good start on the day, ya know?

Here is what usually happens:

I wake up Mommy by whining at 5 or so when I have to piddle. I can hold it most of the night, but not the entire night yet since I'm still too little. If I do not get let out of my crate, I won't pee in it, I will simply make so much noise that the neighbors would think there had been an attack in our apartment! I play with my toys and rest for a little longer in the crate until 6. At 6, Mommy and the Jess-ter get all dressed, caffeinated (to go), and loaded up with "gear" for me. I get so excited at this point because I KNOW we are getting ready to go to the park. When I see my harness, I jump up and down excitedly! When they are FINALLY ready, we walk up the hill to Prospect Park. It is about a 15 min. walk so it is a nice workout to get the playing started. I usually cannot control my excitement and tug the whole way. If I'm not tugging, I'm trying to eat garbage, leaves, flowers, or anything else from the ground. (see green thing in my mouth...) My mommies do not like when I do this. Sometimes, there are these really smelly things, and I always want to carry them in my mouth, but mom always says "Don't disappoint your mother" in a tone that is so scary about these particular "butts." I think I heard her tell me that cigarettes are bad and they are the worst things to quit, but I'm still curious and don't understand what that has to do with anything! (Mom's note: it really is terrible to fish out cigarette butts from your dogs mouth when you are a recovering smoker...and they are EVERYWHERE and perfectly Olive sized. BOO.) When we finally get there, I walk on the leash for a little while to get to the meadow. This is where all the doggies get to run off leash until 9 in the morning. On the weekends, it really is like a giant dog run, but on the weekdays, at such an early hour, there are just a few others. (Mom's note: I think it would get a little too intense if it was like the weekends so early in the morning before work! I wouldn't be able to handle it!)

In the park we play with my ball. I play for a couple of throws, bringing it back to them each time, but then I get tired. I just had that big walk, remember? And I am a little pug. That is when I eat the grass and look for good sticks to chew on. Sometimes, if I see another doggy playing a more fun game, I will run over to them and chase them as fast as I can, which isn't much considering they are always big dogs that I am chasing. After a while, we go home, but we never get to stay long enough. Even on the weekends, we have to go back on our leash at 9 so the playing abruptly stops. Today I was soooo interested in a "Frisbee," whatever that is. I had never seen anything like that fly in such a magnificent way! Too bad my moms had to go to work, otherwise I might have gotten that other dog to let me play with her Frisbee.

We walk the 15 mins. back home and then it is BREAKFAST! My favorite meal of the day, of course. It is only superior to dinner because I manage to eat it faster. Then, I play in my crate while they shower and then I lick their legs dry because that is one of my chores to pay my keep. I then lounge around on my bed, usually, until it is time for them to go to work and I have to go back into the crate. I don't mind at this point because I am ready for a nap after all of our early morning activities! Yay mornings!

2 comments:

Suki & Joey said...

Wow, Olive, you have busy days! I, too, wake up early, but not THAT early! :) 6:30 is usually when I whine, and I whine really, really loudly.

I'm glad you get to go to the dog park a lot. My mom got in trouble for bringing my 2 1/2 yr. old hooman sister there last time by some mean lady that works for the park. She said only kids over 5 can go in, and since my daddy works so much and therefore cannot watch my sister so mommy can take ME, I don't get to go much, anymore :( Not fair, if you ask me.

Puggy kisses
Suki

L said...

So busy!!! My pugs love to try and eat cigarette butts too! I can't imagine they'd taste OR smell good to a dog (or anyone, for that matter), but I guess as a human I'm missing the allure...