Friday, March 30, 2007

Besitas: A how-to

By now, readers have probably figured out that we refer to Olive's kisses as besitas. We know it's not a real word, but we like it. We translate it as "little girly kisses," and we apply the name only to little girly kisses from our little girl, Olive.

As the master of the besitas, I was asked to share my technique. Let me tell you, it is reliable. I can get at least fifty besitas a day, no problem, and when Nat follows it, she has the same success (I'm pretty sure Aunt Judy did, too).

How to Get the Besitas

  1. It doesn't really matter what position you or Olive are in. It's easiest, however, if you are directly above her or in front of her. Get close.
  2. Hold both of her (oh so silky!) ears in your hands, rubbing and massaging them. I recommend a circular motion, with your palms on the front of the ears, thumbs on top, and fingers on the back (see first photo below). Nat has no idea what she's doing when she does this step, and it still works.
  3. Make kissing noises.
  4. Pucker your lips and move your face close to Olive's. She may choose to kiss your nose or your chin, and avoid the lips altogether.
  5. Rinse and repeat.
See photos below for further explanation:


1 comment:

L said...

Oh my God that is off the scale of adorable! I love puppy ears....