Friday, March 16, 2007

about us.


Hi! I'm Olive. I am a 3 month baby girl PUG and I live with my two mommies in Brooklyn, NY. Or at least that's what they tell me and who knows whether or not to believe them...just look how silly they are!

Well okay, this family portrait was taken after a run-in with some Irish Car Bombs on St. Patty's day...BUT...

...I've never actually been outside so I don't really know what Brooklyn is like, but I am sure that soon enough I will get to know my neighborhood and will grow to love it as much as my mommies tell me I will.

My mommy on the left, the dark-haired one, is my real adoptive mommy, Queen Mayo. People might know her as "nat" or "nayonnaise" from other blogs. It was her idea to get me and thus, I am her responsibility. She had wanted a little girl pug baby like me for about 6 years. Took her long enough, but I'm sure glad she waited for me. She works at a desk job in TV advertising with not too much responsibility so she can blog from her cubicle a lot. My moms met at Smith College, where they both graduated from in May 2006. My namesake, the other Olive the pug, lives at Smith. They say I would like it there with all of the smart, wild women on that beautiful campus.

My mom on the right is the Jess-ter. People may know her as "Pickle" or "Jess-nutt" from other blogs. She works in the city like mommy, but she works in marketing for a textbook publisher. All I know is that they sit at desks all day while I nap in my crate! They tell me they have to do these "jobs" in order to pay for my treats and vet's visits. Though, if you ask me, I could take or leave the vet.

So, welcome to our family blog! We are a very kind and loving family...thus the name of our house, Casita de las Besitas. Our own little translation is "the little house of the little girly kisses..." enjoy!

No comments: