Thursday, March 22, 2007

what a day!

Yesterday was such a big day.

First, I got a new little carrier from my Auntie Bri. So Mommy strapped me in and we went out into the cold! I was so scared! It was nice to be able to see out and get cuddled at the same time in this little bucket carrier, but it had a bell that scared me even more than the new noises and smells.

Then, we went into the vet's. There were a lot of people waiting! I sat patiently and ate some treats out of Mommy's hand when I felt comfortable, but there was such a long wait and new people coming in and out with animals and carriers. There was one particular dog that scared me so much I had to hid under Mommy's arm. It was the biggest thing I have ever seen. It's name was Ruby and she was a German Shepard who had eaten some of that bad recalled food. In the "little dog section," away from Ruby, I met an old black Chihuahua in a red coat and a Westie who was very woosy, walking around funny, named Wally. The whole time I was waiting, there was a black cat across the room named Raven, but I didn't really notice her. It was crowded!

The vet was nice to me and said I was a petite pug, and will probably stay that way, but I was growing well and gained 1.7 lbs. I got a shot in my bum and some medicine in my mouth afterwards. I am almost 14 weeks and have had 2 sets of shots, so I can go outside now!! He said my breathing was perfect and much better than last time. Mommy said we were going to wait until the weekend to introduce me to the outside so we could have more time and nicer weather, hopefully.

I also had to try on this horribble "harness" yesterday. I hated it. I know it is pink and soft, but it just bothers me! I want to bit it off and try my hardest to which means I slam my body against the walls of my crate. **Mom's note: um, yeah, we are doing small trial periods with that one...**

When I got home from the vet there was a beautiful surprise for me. A big bed! It is from my Uncle Wes' company, Lexie Lew, and I am too little to be a spokesmodel, but I sure did think it was comfy. I got a lot of attention on this bed and Momma Jess tried to take pictures with her new camera. I hate that thing! I obliged for a little while. (those will be posted later...)

Today i could tell that something was funny this morning. Mommy was running around putting little notes on all of my things. Apparently, my Auntie Bri is coming over to give me my dinner tonight. My mommies were not paying enough attention to me and I could tell they were getting ready to leave me and go to work. So, I decided to pee on my new bed. That'll show them!

2 comments:

Ruby Cupcake said...

Hi Olive (that's my cat friend's name too, she's evil). I'm going to add you to my blog and we can be BFF forever and ever.

Cupcake Kisses
Ruby

Suki & Joey said...

Oooh! Lucky you, Olive, a new bed!
Isn't going outside the bestest? I love going to the bark park, but I haven't been lately. It's been pretty hot (86 degrees!) the last few days, so mom's had to call off our plans each time.

Is your mommy planning on getting you spayed? I have to have that done next month and I'm not looking forward to that, except that I think I'll get lots of treats! Hehehe.

Puggy kisses xoxo
Suki