Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh. My. God.

I went outside.

There were so many new smells and sights and sounds! It took me a while to get used to the harness and leash, but eventually, I get the hang of walking. Well, trotting. I prefer to prance, actually.

But it is so much fun. I chase Mommy while the Jess-ter walks me, or I chase J's pant legs while Mommy walks me, but either way, I like it. I don't like the cold. I don't like the wind. I don't like the wet sidewalk. Curbs scare me. I like to eat leaves and twigs and branches, so without that distraction I prefer to simply do my business in the middle of the sidewalk. I hate waiting in the cold outside the supermarket. Mommy usually puts me in her coat, but I squirm and wiggle so much, I don't stay inside too long.

Also. People love me. I'm serious. People stop to look at me and tell me how cute I am. I usually take this opportunity to stop walking and take a break by shaking everything out.

(Mom's note: She had no problem going poop outside, but the piddles where few and far between all weekend. Even with the little cut-up squares of piddle pad I would put down! Any suggestions for this transitional period? In a city? While crate training?)

1 comment:

Suki & Joey said...

Hey Olive,
Yes, you will get lots and LOTS of attention from people. Tons, actually. Mom is still amazed by it anytime we go out, but she shouldn't be; us pugs are too cute!

I can't give you any advice on the pee-pee pads. I didn't use them, I just went outside. I'm sure it's a lot harder in a city to do that :)

Puggy kisses
Suki