Monday, April 2, 2007

Who Am I? or, how we're teaching Olive not to know her own name

Although Nat seems to think Olive knows her name to the point of coming when called, I tend to think it's closer to working only 50% of the time. I don't think we're helping her to learn her name, however, when we call her so many different things! I'll admit my guilt in using the occassional Wrinkle Face or Besita, but I've heard Nat coo the below to Olive, just within the last week!

          • Little Miss Sunshine
          • Rotund Rapunzel
          • Poop Machine
          • Stink Machine
          • Stinky
          • Baby
          • Furball
          • Fuzzface
          • Snuggle Muffin
          • Rolypoly
          • Crazy

2 comments:

Suki & Joey said...

I'm sure she'll figure it out! My mom calls me lots of stuff, too: Suki-dooki, stinky-butt, little monster, Suki-duke, munchkin, wittle princess etc. etc.

Olive is a pug, like me, so she must also be very smart, like me. She'll catch on in no time :)

Puggy kisses
Suki

L said...

She'll learn it eventually. I think I have about 10 names for both dogs, and they usually come to their real name. I tend to call them their nicknames when they do something ridiculous...well...which is a lot of the time...